Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Heartless


"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?" -William Shakespeare 


Mist

I don’t like being outsmarted. Deception is something innate to me. I didn’t learn it. Manipulating people has always been easy. Their simple minds fit perfectly my long fingered bony hands, like fancy rings, sliding and gliding yet all the same useless. So imagine my rage as I was thwarted, outmaneuvered, despoiled. I called on the thunder, punched the walls, smashed the coffee mug I was holding to everyone’s fear. One mistake. One mistake is all what it took and the lake was mudded once more, the sword wilted, the sky on the verge of falling.

Bleeding moon

I don’t want a heart that beats for love
which dissolves in humility,
dwells in humanity, or
mercy for blessedness.
No more to speak of plea,
only a shell that’s free.

Skin my heart, shred it into pieces
that I no longer have the soul
to feel pity neither grief
a ghoul, death’s dimmed mistress.
Say goodbye to this fool.
Goodbye wept-out tired heart.

King in the North

“My Lord, this travesty, we should not let this passed on. Your people are mad. They are willing to cross the seven seas and go to war with you. We should strike out at once.”

"The time for war is known to a king, this is not it. It was my former mistake to succumb to my rage. Rage is nowhere far to pity or to love. We should not let our feelings reign over us."

“But my Lord…”

"I will exact revenge and claim what’s rightfully ours. Their lands will tremble in fear at the sight of our horde. I will tear their flesh and would wear it like armor. With their blood we shall bathe in triumph. They will pray to the gods that they die but I won’t give them the death they so desire. They will regret the day they defied me. All in the right time. When they are drunk over the false triumph they claim. When they are feasting over their women. When their children are out in the wilderness. They will pay. This I swear upon to seven heavens and seven hells. They will pay." 

1 reaction(s):

rudeboy said...

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

-Conan The Barbarian, 1982

 

Copyright © 2010 Désolé Boy | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki