Saturday, July 9, 2011

People won't be people






I want to live on top of the sea and just live under your spell. Every morning I’ll prepare you a chicken stew and you will be happy. We’ll listen to the sound of flying fish landing on our table. I will be there with you. I will be there with you, it’s true.

There’s a world under every forest mushroom, where dancing and crying and swearing are not sins. It is true. It is real. I’ll bring you there and we’ll dance, we’ll cry, we’ll swear and spit at the coconut trees.

No one shall find it. No compass will work at all. The maps are written on my face. The maps are written by my nails.

My name is Einar and I wear rice straw for hat. I live by myself; married to myself.




___
title from the lyrics of "Atlas" by Battles 


12 reaction(s):

^travis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
^travis said...

totally off topic, but I can't help but notice the book you are now reading. u a Murakami fan?

desoleboy said...

Hmmnn not really. This would be the first by him. Why? Are you a fan?

^travis said...

he writes well. his endings are always problematic, though [read as: bitin = d ko ma-gets] lols.

Désolé Boy said...

Yeah. I've heard a lot about his works though this would be the first time I'm confronting him, hehe.
.
.
So, among his books, which would you suggest?

imsonotconio said...

maganda maganda ang polo at hat

KikomaxXx said...

aw...

^travis said...

you should read Kafka on the Shore ;)

Tantan Decena said...

Sorry to butt in, pero my bestfriend likes After Dark more than Kafka on the Shore. :))

the green breaker said...

Mabuhay ka at ang iyong munting pangarap.

Désolé Boy said...

Thank you guys for droppin' by.
.
.
Travis/Tantan - I'll check them out. Thanks.

citybuoy said...

Sorry, off-topic. nadistract din ako sa Sputnik Sweetheart. It's not the most compelling of his work. Kafka's a good starting point. His writing's very clearly expressed in that book.

I started with dance dance dance and wild sheep chase. I love his use of the surreal. It's very similar to how you write sometimes. I think you'd love it. ;p

No matter what happens, stay away from wind-up bird chronicle. I stopped reading him for a while after reading that.

 

Copyright © 2010 Désolé Boy | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki