Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Days of Teddy Bear





You’ve shown me there’s nothing to be afraid of during night. That darkness won’t swallow me whole, not as long as I keep you within my arms. But days of Teddy Bear are over. You see, I’m a big boy now. No longer I’m afraid. No longer I’m scared. The days of Teddy Bear are over. I’m letting you go now my Teddy Bear.

I won’t pretend it’s not hard. I won’t hide that I’m sad. Because even if you won’t hug me back Teddy Bear, just you lying there in my arms is comfort enough. Thank you for listening. Thank you for being my Teddy Bear.

I’ll miss the days of us playing tea party Teddy Bear, in my room, just us. But children outside are calling and my heart is yearning. I have to go now Teddy Bear, I have to. I will run outside even the mad rain is pouring. Never mind if I’ll get dirt. Never mind if I’ll get hurt. I’ll just stand anyway and run again. You see, I am brave now Teddy Bear. I’m brave enough to let go.

The days of Teddy Bear are over. I know the coming nights will be darker. I will cry Teddy Bear, but I will try. Goodbye Teddy Bear. I’m letting you go now. Goodbye.

15 reaction(s):

P said...

is that a picture of a teddy bear hanging himself?

Nate said...

@DeeBee: aww... :( you're gonna be fine without teddy.. *hugs*

Nimmy said...

ang sosy ni teddy! tume-tea party! LOL

hindi ko pa nale-let go ang aking teddy. parang never na! haha

iya_khin said...

akin nalang si teddy bear at ng maipakilala ko sya kay big bird at kay pussy kat, and they will play along together at ipagpatuloy namin ang tea party...

ps: kamusta mo nalang ako kay patola pakisabi maghilod sya! hahaha

SunnyToast said...

wawa naman c teddy bear....lol

RoNRoNTuRoN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bienvenido_lim said...

there's something sinister about them teddy bears. and this entry and that picture underscored it.
my sister had one, i forgot its name already.

Nate said...

@bienvenido_lim: true that! --- "there's something sinister about them teddy bears."

i remember one particular teddy bear which haunted me for weeks.. or maybe until now.. the one owned by Jody Defeo of Amityville Horror (2005)

*shivers*

RICO said...

kawawa ung bear aww

pointlessparanoia said...

It was as if I were you. The same feeling. The same objects. Sighs.

Peter said...

What's your next pet then?

Viktor Saudad said...

I'm really not comfortable with teddy bears... depending on the material of the fur and the look of the eyes. haha!
I find them scary when I was a kid, and asthmatic ako kaya pihikan sa fur. :)

KikomaxXx said...

sayang naman pwede akin nalang...a ddict kasi ako sa mga fluffy stuff eh they're so fluffy i could kill myself.. hahaha

cosmicglitch said...

I liked the way you deviced the Teddy Bear as a symbolic exit from childhood to adulthood.

At least may ibang reading ako.

Good day. :]

Désolé Boy said...

Teddy is actually a person. I had to let go of that person for complicated reasons.
.
.
I know my writing should be enough and I shouldn't be explaining it here but I feel like I need to because of some relevant instances surrounding me lately.
.
.
Thank you guys.

 

Copyright © 2010 Désolé Boy | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki