Monday, May 2, 2011

Manifesto 01

Almost one year in blogging and I still feel like a newbie. News surprises me the most learning how this community seem to span on a sprawling web of connection varying from friendship to sex, love to hatred and a duo to clanship. It amazes me, really, and often times after amusement comes the realisation that I belong nowhere here; a drifting paper with skewed letters in it.

There are few instances where the demolition of this blog seemed to be the only logical thing to do especially during my fatal entanglement with a fellow blogger which ended up me doing the three I's of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love, only it doesn't mean Italy, India and Indonesia but rather Iyak, Iyak and Iyak (cry, cry, cry). But that was all gone and finished, although a few tabloid makers seem to be sucking out the few details but I think I'm cleverer and those I'm referring to won't get anything more other than those slip of few people's tongue.

Second is when I digress from my so-called noble reasons writing here. Why do I write? Do I want to entertain you here? Do I want popularity? Am I simply looking for hook-ups? Or as Wanggo Gallaga said, am I contributing to this massive array of senseless "self-promotion - putting up bits of information that nobody is really interested in?"

Here's why I blog (though I know I'm far from being called a true-blooded blogger). This blog will continue to stand because of a promise I once made. This blog will continue to stand even if it means no more than three people reading and commenting on it. This blog will continue for as long as there are readers who would argue about my thoughts, relate to my drama concoctions and dream about a handsome Désolé Boy, far from the reality his mirror dictates.

I will blog because there are voices banging on my temple. I will blog because I want to plagiarize the present, alter the past and choreograph the future. I will blog because I am responsible for giving you The Désolé Boy. I will blog because I want to and as of now, I know that I need to.

Should Désolé Boy cease to exist, it would only mean one thing – the writer is at last free.


___

Let this be a reminder to myself of why I draw pictures of creatures I'm seeing in my dreams. 

22 reaction(s):

red the mod said...

Because there is a frail honesty in writing, ergo blogging, and that it affords us to present a version of ourselves removed and immune from the treshes of reality, and most importantly genuinely self-reflective.

RainDarwin said...

Honestly, you are one of my favorite bloggers here. I knew at some point, at this stage of life, you have frustrations that you have been going through. But I really admire you for being effective in expressing your emotions as way of coping.

Hugs and kisses. Mwah.

shenanigans said...

10 mins akong nakatunganga sa tapat ng monitor. literally! pinagmamasdan ang pagbi-blink na cursor sa comment box na toh..

hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko. gusto ko maging perfect, gusto ko yung tatagos sa puso mo, gusto ko yung remarkable, gusto ko yung mapapansin mo ko.ayaw kong tumulad sa ibang commentator na walang kwenta...

kaya heto na lang sasabihin ko








write lang ng write.. deserve na desrve mo yan!

korny lang.. haha!

canonista said...

Freedom is all in the mind, there is no actual freedom in the world and in reality... freedom does not exists. It only exists within ourselves.

I do hope this blog of yours will not disappear once you have found your "freedom". Instead, I do hope that you share how you have found it and share the world how to be "free".

Speaking of freedom, I suggest you watch the movie Into the Wild.

c - e - i - b - o - h said...

OMI DBoy,, this is so much for an inspiration to write, write, write...

:)

Kane said...

Desole Boy! Hahaha. Hay naku... you have tangled with a blogger? Well... As you have said, it does happen.

It's curious, what you said. Somehow it comes across to me that you write to free yourself.

Perhaps, it is that you write because you are free.

Who knows.

Kane

Jepoy Dee said...

:)

Mr. Chan said...

:D

congrats for being one of the most EMO blogger :)

nosebleed ako lagi dito. hehehe

Keep on blogging!

Louie said...

More than being a blogger, it's your efficiency as a journalist that makes me come back here for more everytime. :)

Désolé Boy said...

Red - Frail, that is. Often times, DB is a one big fat liar. Hehe
.
.
Rain Darwin - Never thought u actually like my writing. Thanks so much ;D
.
.
Russ - Haha. Salamat.
.
.
Canonista - Maybe freedom is not really here in this world, no? I'll watch that anyway. Thanks.
.
.
Kiko - Thank you ;D
.
.
Kane - Yeah, I did. Writing often times gives me a glimpse of freedom. But I guess you're right, who knows?
.
.
Jepoy - =p
.
.
Mr. Chan - Hindi naman ako masyado nosebleed magsulat ah. Hehe. But thanks anyway ;D
.
.
Louie - Gee, thank you so much. That meant a lot ;D

Eternal Wanderer... said...

of course, the $64 question is:

sino yung blogger?

hihihihi

soltero said...

basta blog lang ng blog, wag na isipin kung ano ang dahilan ng pagba blog ehehhehe...

got ur email, pag-isipan ko (ching!) ahahahhaa :P

orally said...

i echo ternie hahaha chismoso lang.

green breaker said...

blog because you leave a piece of yourself in a life-long medium. yeah, right. lolz

Juan der Last said...

Only because I missed the boat on this one (because I've been away the last two weeks), and I don't know where else to post this...

Go Chicago Bulls! Pwede rin Boston! Anybody but the Lakers! :p

Seriously, don't let the haters win.

Désolé Boy said...

Ternie & Orally - Here's a clue: he's a boy! =p
.
.
Soltero - You made me cry there for a moment onii-chan. Hmpf!
.
.
Green Breaker - Yeah right. Hey, thanks for always droppin' by.
.
.
Papa Jay - Haay. If we're "boyfriends" this issue would be terribly serious. Haha. I'd go for Heat, anybody but that green team from the East (despite Le Bron). NOT! Hahaha

Juan der Last said...

DB - It's a good thing then that we're not an item. :))

Glad to note that you're happy. Everyone deserves that.

Désolé Boy said...

Papa Jay,

Thanks. BTW, you don't have to worry if ever. May pagka-submissive naman ako.

Lols ;p

DB

masked man said...

hi... hope you take time to visit my blog and follow me... i need readers... sana'y mapagbigyan :)

http://mgakwentonimaskedman.blogspot.com/

Juan der Last said...

DB - Sorry, just had to find a place to gloat. Better luck next year to your Lakers. ;)

Désolé Boy said...

Papa Jay,

It was sad. But yeah, we deserved it. It's just too agonizing.

DB

KikomaxXx said...

weee... maiba ako.. talo lakers mo.. hahahaha

 

Copyright © 2010 Désolé Boy | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki