Monday, February 21, 2011

Désolé Boy at Bed/Malate

Last Saturday, I gave in. I let my friends drag me to Malate. And what better place to host my baptism than the must see cradle Bed Manila?

____

10 p.m, I arrived at Robinson’s Manila. I looked for a place to eat dinner alone then asked Kiko for direction on how to go to Bed. I’m too shy to ask around so Kiko had to give me a detailed direction but still, I couldn’t find it. I know, silly me! (I’m sorry Kiko for bothering you and for being so stupid) But then I was rescued by my friends who are already looking for me, and so I came.

First glance at the façade of the bar, I thought it was cool. I paid my entrance and was greeted politely by the staff.

It’s nice inside. I actually liked the crowd which is a must for me in every gimik spot that I would go to. The smoking area (I don’t know the proper name of that area, sorry) I think is my most favorite spot there. It was spacious and flashes of me grooving around the dance floor quickly entered my mind. Even my straight friends liked the interiors of Bed that someone even said it’s on par with that high-end bar at The Fort. Indeed!

At some point, we went out and checked out the crowd at Che Lu. I was scared at how small the place is and it felt like people are touching you intently, haha. It was jam-packed and very hot inside. I got pissed off when this conceited guy who’s topless on the ledge/stage grabbed my hand and placed it on his belly (I don’t wanna call it abs, duh). It’s just too much for me.

I went there because I miss dancing so much and not because I want to hit on some random strangers. Though I won’t deny I did some naughty little things there which I won’t divulge anymore at the risk of destroying my VERY WHOLESOME reputation here. Hahaha. (Originally, I posted a picture of me smoking at Bed but I realised someone might actually recognise me…so there! Deleted.)

So how would I describe my first visit at Malate? I think it takes some getting used to. The dancing topless guys, two (or more) guys kissing, guys hitting at one another at all corner…they’re all foreign to me. I’m sure I’ll get used to them. But I dunno when will I come back. Fifty percent of me still thinks that straight bars are better for me. But who knows? Maybe next time you’re there the guy dancing beside you would be me! Hehe. Just look for some hot tall guy with a Mohawk and tattoos all over his arm plus earrings on his brows…



and that’s not me. Lol.

By the way, I think I saw a blogger walked past by me. Guess who he is?

Anyway, the first-time Malate experience taught me few things. Like the fact that I don't have to bury myself in self pity and wallow over things that I don't have. I'm fucking 23 years old, for Christ's sake! I'm too young to be worrying 'round the clock over work, relationships and people who don't give a damn about me. I am on my prime and should be exploring new things and new people. 

I know how to take care of myself and I don't need anyone to tell me what to do or not. I'm young which means I'm allowed to fuck things up and mess around and everybody would forgive me. It's about time I pick up myself once more and reclaim my old life: the hip-hop rockstar! Imagine that? I mean, when was the last time I was too high and too drunk to care about things? 2009 at Boracay? 2010 in some house party?

It’s like Malate actually said to me: You know what DB, you are born that way. Just love yourself and your set. Just own the night and party like it’s the end of the world!

To which I replied: Which is what I exactly did, thanks to you! We may not be instant bestfriends, but who knows? Maybe I'll see you soon. 'Till then...

___

"Hey DB, how about this Saturday night?"



"Where?"



"The Fort."



"As long as I don't have to pay for my entrance."



"Is there ever an event of mine that you paid for bar fine?"



"I’m kidding. Then I guess I'll go shopping with you Friday?"



"You bet!"



"Alright then, see you!"

21 reaction(s):

Kyle said...

party pooper ako.LOL bakit ba talaga hindi ako belong sa ganayan.LOL

ano yan date?LOL

itsMePeriod said...

i had my baptism of fire in obar. have been to almost all the places tp check, except bed.

hope to bump into you there one of these days

KikomaxXx said...

hahaa kaya pala hahaha...

Spiral Prince said...

party hard before 2012 gets here :3

shenanigans said...

so.... did you enjoy the bed experience?

tara! gimik tau... sama ka samin nila ronnie one time.. :)

Mac Callister said...

cool!!! sana makabisita din ako jan sa BED sa bakasyon ko.

Will said...

I think I've an idea who that blogger is. Kakaintriga. :p

Marhk said...

ikaw na ikaw na ang paryt goer!! kakalokah ka teh! hehehe

Mu[g]en said...

When it was my time, I was one of those topless guys dancing up there. Hahaha. Tamang kapal ng mukha lang. Pero it was liberation at its finest.

Aris said...

nice to know you had a great time. :)

Désolé Boy said...

Kyle - ganon din ako dati. nabarkada lang ako sa mga gimikero late high school kaya ako nagkaganyan, hehe.
.
.
Eric(?)- go na sa Bed!
.
.
Kiko - sshhhh..hehe
.
.
Spiral Prince - like what Jay Sean sang to us huh, hehe.

Désolé Boy said...

Shen - sure!kayo pala nila Ronnie magkakasamang pumupunta dun. bdw, long time no hear ah..haha
.
.
Mac - bakasyon ka na!
.
.
Will - sino? sino? hehe. how bout crushie? nahulaan mo na? ;)
.
.
Papa Marhk - hindi naman masyado. the return of the come back ko lang sa gimmik scene ;)
.
.
Kuya Mugs - honestly, i hope one day magawa ko din yun. give me a year to hone my body. bwehehe
.
.
Aris - I did! thanks!

Guyrony said...

If it isn't DB and his shenanigans. And look what we have here, a boy, a 23 year old boy dancing his way around Malate.

Oh, it brings back memories. Fond memories.

But you know what they say, once a malate boy, always a malate boy.

I know you want more...

;)

Spiral Prince said...

p.s.

i twitter-messaged(is this the politically correct term?) my guess. :3

Ronnie said...

Oh God, I miss the Malate Scene after reading this. Tagal na din akong 'di nakakadayo dun.

Sino kaya yung blogger na yun? :D

Désolé Boy said...

G - I cant help but giggle with your comment. I dunno why =p
.
.
Spiral Prince - (buzzer) sorry, wrong answer. Haha.
.
.
Ronnie - san ka tumatambay dun? ;)

c - e - i - b - o - h said...

hehehehe..

it's good that u enjoyed ur visit.. ahahaha.. at sabi ko naman sa'yo masikip ang che'lu.. LOL

sana sa susunod magkasama na tayo pumunta dun.. hehehe... (wishful thinking??)

shenanigans said...

sorry, ive been busy..

lam mu na kelangan mag hanap ng work para may pang BED. hehe!

yah! kami nila ronnie and royce (if you know him. blogger din xa) ang laging magkakasama gumimik every sat

Nimmy said...

woooot woooot!

i-divulge mo na yan! hehehehe

Désolé Boy said...

Kiko - oo ba. kaya lang third wheel ako sa inyo ni RS. bleh =p
.
.
Russ - sama ko kung ililibre mo ko ng drink. kahit blowjob lang (pun not intended) =p
.
.
Nims - chika ko na lang sau in private..bwehehe

shenanigans said...

ehehehe! kaw ah... *grin smile*

sure!

anu ba yang blowjob na yan?

noun or verb?

chos! ;p

 

Copyright © 2010 Désolé Boy | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki